The buyer services team at FTI Consulting supports the client in every aspect of the buying process. Our experts perform comprehensive due diligence, including quality of earnings, synergy analysis and evaluation of projections. We help assess key value drivers and risk factors. We also counsel clients on the most advantageous tax and accounting structures and oversee the contract and valuation processes.
Our experts assess whether generally accepted accounting principles have been consistently applied and determine the accuracy of financial statements. We have partnerships with lawyers and clients to negotiate favourable settlements and resolve earn-outs. We also act as independent arbitrator for disputes related to earn-outs and working capital adjustments.
We support clients on the seller side to help them enhance their value, increase the probability of a sale and realise maximum value at the time of the transaction. The team does this by:
- Providing vendor due diligence to reduce risk and make the sale process more efficient
- Evaluating businesses or entities for sale, including quality of earnings, balance sheet and working capital requirements.
- Identifying value enhances and value issues
- Negotiating with buyers on the client’s behalf
- Preparing offering memorandum
- Managing the due diligence process
To realise the full value of a merger, FTI Consulting works with client executive management to assess the feasibility of project plans, benchmarks and timetables. We specialise in keeping the integration on schedule and evaluating the functions of both entities to determine best practices.
We advise clients on all aspects of the lending decision-making process, for both domestic and foreign-based opportunities. The services provided include:
- Reviewing and sensitising cash flow and business plan projections
- Reviewing due diligence, analysing collateral and monitoring portfolios
- Assisting in credit-crisis situations and suggesting troubled-credit alternatives
- Supporting securitisations and providing back-up management services
The tax services team develops pragmatic, workable solutions to help deliver clients’ acquisitions, sales and restructurings and advises on all matters of tax structuring and due diligence. The team draws together a broad range of skills, covering implementation support, financing and treasury management, dividend and cash repatriation planning and group rationalisation. These skills are put into action to enable clients to drive value from their transactions.
Our deal valuation experts work with clients on the sell side to prepare opening balance sheet valuations, perform impairment analyses and assist with enterprise valuation. We also help private equity general partners with valuation of their holdings, including capital adequacy used to facilitate dividend recapitalisations, solvency and fairness opinions.